Friday, July 10, 2009

Belly Love

So I’m starting to totally fall in love with my belly. Which CRACKS me up because FOR YEARS I kept trying to keep it at a minimal pouch but now that it’s all big and round I cant help but look down and smile. I think part of what is so great that while I’ve gotten a big belly, the rest of me has FOR THE MOST PART stayed pretty much the same size.
Another part of why I love it is because I can totally feel my Bitsy moving around in there. It’s still not constant, but I can definitely tell when it’s awake and when it’s upset about something. It’s starting to get it’s own little personality and I haven’t even seen it’s sweet face yet!
For instance in the middle of the night when I have to switch positions or go to the bathroom (which is AGAIN increasing) I can feel Bitsy reposition itself too. It’s a quick movement and then we all fall back asleep for the most part. There have been one or two nights where Bitsy has decided that SINCE I’m up it might as well be too and REFUSED to go back to sleep. When that happens I get NO sleep for an hour or two until the baby either slows down or stops moving all together. It’s REALLY hard to fall asleep when everything around you is quiet and your stomach feels like you ate enough live grasshoppers to populate Texas AND Oklahoma, and if you’ve never seen the size of grasshoppers they have there.. you understand what I’m talking about.
Daddy’s alarm clock for instance is NOT on Bitsys list of “Neat Noises” from the womb. Greg gets up around 4:45, but his alarm clock goes off from around 4:20 UNTIL he gets up, on 7 minute intervals.. It HONESTLY startles Bitsy EVERY time it goes off. When it goes off, I can feel Bitsy “Jump” and then just start beating the crap out of me. It has to be kicking and punching and practicing for the gymnastic Olympics because SERIOUSLY it almost is enough to make me throw up. Plus then I instantly think I have to pee AND poop because it starts kicking all my body parts that are down there. I cant help but smile though because I too for YEARS now have thought that alarm clock snooze button should be dismantled and if I didn’t love my husband so much would throw just as big a fit as bitsy does but in bed and kicking him.
Another part that is cool is that the baby digs when I sing to it in the car. It starts moving all around and kicking at the seatbelt around my belly and when I stop, it stops and when I start again it starts again. I’m trying to take this as it LIKES my singing as opposed to the alternative.
Anywhoo, thought it’s about time to update you on the belly pictures..

Week 5 Week 16 Week 22

No comments:

Post a Comment