Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Beautiful Blessings

At week 13 the beautifulness of being pregnant is FINALLY starting to shed it’s light on me. Which I’m very grateful for.
I’m starting to feel better as time passes. My fatigue is fading away and my energy is renewed along with my flare for life. I got a minor hair cut, and highlights and I’m starting to feel “pretty” again. Which is a requirement when your belly is almost out to where your boobs are. L.O.L. (Even though I am falling in love with my Bitsy Belly)

The reality of being pregnant and having a life growing inside me actually hit me today. An actual life, a portion of my husband and I made of love who will forever be our legacy to the world. A forever commitment. It’s almost overwhelming. What really hit me was that this week Bitsy can suck his/her own thumb. The preciousness and innocent of that leaves me awe struck.
Surprisingly enough for someone who LOVES to sleep. I’m now excited for nights where I’ll be up with bitsy, sharing the exquisiteness of Gods midnight oil, the stillness of where we live, and if nothing else the formations of the clouds under a glittery night. I’m excited for mornings where bitsy wakes me early before Greg needs to get up and be able to surprise him with the simplest of things, a kiss from a restless baby and a warm cup of coffee to shed the haziness of another sleepless night. I’m thrilled for days of new-fangled childlike firsts; the first touch of grass on his/her feet, the first snow, baby’s first Christmas, the first hug back, the shock of a butterfly flight, and the prized first word. It’s enough to bring me to tears just thinking about all the amazing gifts God has in store for me and Greg.

I’m extremely grateful also for my company. Through the last three years they have stuck by through all my tantrums and snares along the way. They are being gracious enough to let me get out of dispatch and be in a supervisory role where my schedule will be more flexible. Enough so that I am going to be on part time starting this next month. This will allow me to get more things done at home to prepare for Bitsy in a slower pace so not to overwhelm myself or get stressed out, the extra time my body needs to rejuvenate weekly and spend some much needed time taking care of myself and my growing baby. They worked with me on the amount of hours I wanted to work, the days I preferred coming in and even my workload. I am honestly thankful.

Here is a picture of my husband and I only a couple weeks after we found out we were pregnant. I am so in love with this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment