Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Meeting Bitsy Baby for the first time!



Well today is Wednesday but because Greg and I had a day off yesterday for doctor appointments it kinda feels like it should be Monday, BUT I’m wishing it were FRIDAY. Needless to say I’m all screwed up on my mental calendar!

Yesterday was amazing. Greg and I met our little Bitsy baby for the first time! We saw Bitsy on the screen and when they put the picture of the little one up on the monitor, the baby got all excited and started kicking it’s feet all hectic like. I told Greg that’s just cause it’s excited to meet us! We even got to hear it’s little heart beat and see it pumping on the monitor. The little heart is beating at 170 beats per minute! (totally normal for babies this early). Sounded more like a helicopter than a heart, but considering Greg usually goes about a mile a minute I’m not surprised. I had to laugh because if the baby kicks like that when it’s a little older my poor bladder is going to be it’s soccer ball! (I’m laughing now, cause I figure it wont be so funny in 6 months).

The doctor said everything looks normal, but Bitsy is a little small in measurements (I’m at 10 weeks but size wise Bitsy is 9.5weeks) meaning that they are going to keep me at 10 weeks schedule wise, but I might not deliver until Halloween. None of which concerns me due to the fact BOTH my parents are convinced Bitsy will be at least 2 weeks late. L.O.L.

I’m SUPER excited because the last couple days, the things I’ve been craving (smoked salmon & lunchmeat & Crab) are totally acceptable in small amounts. If it wasn’t for the Mexican food that put me to sleep at 5pm and slept through the night, I’d of stopped at the grocery store on the way home! What cracks me up is that even though smoked salmon & crab sound SOO good. I’m not sure I could stand the smell of them enough to eat it. I guess we’ll see!

Everything else is good, Greg is being an amazing husband and totally picking up my slack on the things I just don’t have the energy to do during the week. Plus he’s being totally understandable when we just CAN NOT cook in the house, or when we have to throw leftovers out because the smell of them makes me nauseous (even PIZZA, and I LOVE pizza!).

So without further ado meet BITSY!


1 comment:

  1. Jessica, You will just love the feeling of your baby kicking you! It is so special, and bonding between you and your little one.!:)
    Sooo Excited for you and Greg!

    ReplyDelete