Friday, March 13, 2009

HHHEEELLLLOOO Hormones

Ok, so first of all I’d like to say that I now know what it must be like for Dolly Parton. Hello boobs, good-bye stairs and running. Heck even walking fast sucks if you don’t have good support. And who’s boobs are these anyways? Obviously Bitsy thought I needed an upgrade because these were not the original model I started with.
Greg is impressed with the upgrade, however he’s almost too afraid to come close at this point due to the horrible hormone #2 that can get really snappy and bite if I’m not feeling good. Which is now usually at any given moment depending on what I smell, eat or think about anywhere between the hours of 4am when I wake up and 8pm when I pass out from exhaustion. It’s not to the point where I’m running for the toilet, but it’s definitely a battle to get it down and keep it down. Him being cautious is hard due to the fact that we have ALWAYS been very close and cuddly, so now that he’s a little distant (irrational human survival instinct) it almost hurts my feelings. Which welcomes in hormone number three, I’m an emotional mess.
I have learned that people like pregnant people though. GO FIGURE. You get all swelled up, grumpy, easily irritable, illogically emotional, short tempered and even downright mean and for some reason everyone thinks it’s cute and wants to be your friend. Which then makes you MORE emotional because then you feel TERRIBLE for treating them that way. PLEASE NOTE HOWEVER, If you ask me stupid questions, I cant help but look at you like you’re stupid. I once was able to have that under control but that must have been a trait that got overwhelmed with all these new hormones and left town. Makes me wonder if that will come back after the pregnancy?
And what’s up with all these upgraded senses this early? Everyone keeps telling me it’s my “Mommy Instincts” kicking in. HELLO I have not given birth, I don’t have a crying kid in the middle of the night so WHY ON EARTH am I waking up to EVERY SINGLE NOISE within a 50 mile radius? First it was the cat in heat, then it was the frogs, now there is this OBNOXIOUS owl that thinks I need to hear it 24/7. I NEED SLEEP PEOPLE, NOT MOMMY INSTINCTS! It’s a good thing I’m an excellent shot, because I plan on having that thing mounted on my wall before Bitsy gets here and it will be a souvenir of this pregnancy.
ON a much lighter note, I am starting to get more and more excited as we’re getting closer to the second trimester. It’s been three weeks since we found out I was pregnant and we only have 4 1/2 more to go until we’re in the second trimester and out of the “high rate of miscarry danger zone”. I’m VERY anxious for my appointment at the end of this month so we can hear Bitsy’s heartbeat and meet our baby for the first time! Our house is rapidly getting stockpiled with baby and maternity stuff, which is ALWAYS fun. And the thought of sharing all of this with the man of my dreams is more than any woman could ask for. Even through the hard times, this really is a blessing and as Greg describes it “A miracle from God”.

LOVES!

No comments:

Post a Comment