Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mr. Sandman keep your friggin' dreams!

Restless nights, constantly tossing and turning. Not able to get comfortable. Not even my favorite positions are working any more. Worse over, my all time favorite pillows are not doing the trick either. I’m baffled. I’ve always been one of those people who could sleep HOURS on end. Even as a kid when I wasn’t tired, but I wanted my parents to carry me into the house could put myself to sleep within minutes. I have eye tricks, breathing tricks.. NONE of which work anymore. I’ve done everything from taking baths beforehand to not doing ANYTHING to completely wearing myself out.. NOTHING.
WHEN I do finally get to sleep, it’s only to dream these crazy off the wall dreams. I never use to be able to remember my dreams, except those reoccurring dreams that come once every couple years and you remember dreaming it before. Other than those, I was a peaceful sleeper. I would go to sleep, wake up in the middle of the night to pee (yes, even BEFORE I was pregnant) and then crash again until my alarm went off. I’d wake up being tired, but never remembered dreaming during the night.
NOW when I wake up depending on my dream I’m either hungry, grossed out, or aggravated.
Last night for instance, I woke up with my heart racing, I was sweating, my stomach in cramps and feeling like I was going to puke around 4am. I remember my dream, and I was TICKED OFF. I was on a cruise ship that had like 15 friggin floors and my mother was on one floor and I was suppose to be meeting her, but no-one behind the counter would help me find where I was suppose to go. I finally went off on all the people in my dream and that’s where I woke up. Enraged at some imaginary lady on a cruise ship I’ve never been on. The worst part of it, is that I felt like I hadn’t been sleeping at all. It feels like I just closed my eyes and it was my thoughts still rolling around about the day beforehand or the next day and hadn’t really drifted off to sleep yet. Imagine my horror when I find out that in fact it’s 5am and I have to get up and go to work.
The hardest part of all of this, is if I don’t get enough sleep the night before, I wake up feeling nauseated that lasts through most of the day and my stomach wont settle.
NORMALLY if I had this problem, I think I would drink a beer or a shot before bed and just let myself pass out. BUT SINCE I’M PREGNANT I cant have alcohol.
SOOO Mr. Sandman you can keep your friggin dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment