Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 7, Grumpanolius

At week 7 I’ve officially turned into a grumpanolius. That would be my creative definition of a grumpy pants, I think it adds a little cuteness if possible to the term. It makes me think of some cute little gnome like creature as opposed to the nasty short tempered person I can quickly become.
Due to the INCREDIBLE amount of fatigue (it doesn’t matter HOW MUCH sleep I get), the mornings are ALMOST impossible without caffeine and caffeine is BAD for Bitsy. My grumpiness usually wears off somewhere between 10am and 2pm, only to be replaced by my need for a nap and FOOD. I’m still getting use to being a pregnant woman, so bear with me.
Last night was a little upsetting. I awoke at 1am to what sounded like a cat dying. However the noise was back again at 5am so I’m convinced it’s actually a cat in heat. I explained this to my husband with the suggestion that I didn’t care WHAT it took, that cat needed to go. Please don’t think I’m a cat hater, these are actually stray cats that have been dumped out in the country by their inconsiderate owners for random reasons. My husbands comment was a loving “Just be glad I don’t bite you in the back of the neck and hold you down while we’re doing it, poor kitty”. That was and is the only thing that continues to make me laugh out loud today, which tells you what poor humor I’ve been in.
I’ve been eating non-stop. I’ve concluded I’m going to be a blimp by the time this whole pregnancy is over, but hey, it will be worth it. The hard part is even though I’m starving every couple hours, NOTHING sounds good. I’ve had two days where my CHOCOLATE granola bar tasted like solid peanut butter, one night where my chicken enchilada tasted so dry I honestly thought I could be eating leather, and one meal where my pizza tasted just fine one minute and cardboard the next. I cant WAIT to get to the craving part of pregnancy cause at least then I’ll WANT the food I’m shoving in my face.

I’m SUPER excited because we’ve just made our first OB/GYN appointment where we’ll have our first ultra-sound and will be able to hear Bitsy’s heart. That will take place at the end of this month, so I will keep you updated.

Other than that I’ve been busy shopping for larger clothes, lots of multi-colored baby stuff and FOOD.

Loves!

2 comments: